Yancho G Yanchev (Yan)
EU Law Practice, Intellectual Property (IP), Business Sanctions
Yancho is a Trainee Solicitor with cross-jurisdictional expertise in law firms, international organisations and diplomatic representations in the UK & Europe.
After spending two years in Cubism law as a EU Legal Advisor, he is now a Trainee Solicitor specialising in English Commercial Law.
Yancho is a European lawyer with cross-jurisdictional expertise in law firms, international organisations and diplomatic representations. After spending two years in Cubism law as a EU Legal Advisor, he is now a Trainee Solicitor specialising in English Commercial Law.
Yancho is an experienced litigator at the Court of Justice of the European Union. He is working on a landmark action for annulment of a Council Decision relating to international sanctions.
Yancho is also advising on English Public and Regulatory law that stems from the European Union including Data Protection Law (GDPR) and Competition Law.
- Sep 2017 – present, Trainee Solicitor, Cubism Law
- Nov 2015 – Sep 2017, EU Legal Advisor, Cubism Law
- Mar 2015 - Jun 2015, contract attorney, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Sep 2015 - Nov 2015, privacy law analyst, DataGuidance Ltd
- Sep 2014 - Sep 2015, consultant, Data Privacy Recruitment Ltd
- Jul 2014, Contract Attorney, Allen & Overy LLP
- Feb 2013 - Jun 2013, intern, The Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- Nov 2012 - Dec 2012, intern, The Council of the European Union
- Oct 2012, intern, The European Parliament
- Sep 2016 – May 2019 London Metropolitan University (GDL/LPC)
- Sep 2013 – Dec 2014 Queen Mary University of London (LLM)
- Sep 2009 – Aug 2013 The Hague University of Applied Science (LLB)
Yancho has been a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) since 2014 and he is certified as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E).