Employment Disputes, Professional Partnerships, Employment Law Private
Wyn is an employment lawyer working in the Golden Leaver team, which is part of Cubism Law.
He has over 30 years’ experience as a solicitor and specialises in advising organisations as well as individuals on confidential employment, discrimination and HR matters.
Wyn is an employment lawyer working in the Golden Leaver team, which is part of Cubism Law. He has over 30 years’ experience as a solicitor and specialises in advising organisations as well as individuals on confidential employment, discrimination and HR matters.
He advises across a range of business sectors including: financial services, legal services, concierge and cleaning services, recruitment services, media production, retail sales and the UK and international voluntary sector. He is also familiar with a range of corporate business models such as private and listed companies, charities and NGOs, private equity firms, property management companies, law firms, SMEs, faith-based entities, software manufacturers and UK subsidiaries.
He works with directors and senior executives who require confidential advice on the terms of their engagement by, and departure from, high-profile organisations and the management of that individual’s reputation, where larger firms may be conflicted.
Wyn is experienced in most aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. He advises on recruitment and exits, director and fiduciary duties, bonuses and incentive arrangements, discrimination, remuneration strategies, re-organisations, employment issues arising in corporate and private equity M&A transactions, tribunal cases, TUPE and HR advice, reputation management and informal executive coaching.
Wyn is 1 of only 15 employment lawyers recommended and ranked in the legal directory Spears 500. Wyn also juggles spending time in London working during the day and attending music gigs in the evening, with driving his ageing black Jaguar to the seaside in Wales on weekends.
UK multi channel retail business
International PR corporation
UK company with US parent
Global telecommunications corporation
Contentious TUPE transfer of an outsourced telecoms contract
Strategic advice on a sensitive public sector ill health retirement following a high profile media-heavy report on social services to local residents
- Advised a TV production company on the outsourcing of services and the replacement of one contractor with another
- Advised a US corporation on the contractual arrangements for a UK-based consultant reporting to the US parent
- Advised a UK subsidiary of a Dutch parent on varying terms and conditions of employment for its UK workforce
- Advised a UK software company on the outsourcing to it by a global bank of various accounting functions including the TUPE arrangements
- Advised a UK company on a highly sensitive and potentially damaging series of allegations of sexual harassment by a senior director
- Advised a Government entity on defending its position in the Tribunals on the ground of State Immunity
- Advised a UK company on small scale and collective redundancy exercises internally and prior to a TUPE transfer or sale to a 3rd party
- drafted contracts of employment and staff handbooks for a range of different corporate entities including charities
- Advised law firms on the management and removal of partners due to performance generally and prior to a merger
- Advised executives on the terms of their settlement agreements, ranging in value from several £000s to multi-million deals involving options, RSUs and bonuses
- Advised executives on variations to their terms and conditions when being seconded from the UK to an overseas jurisdiction (and vice versa)
- Advised executives on how to manage their position, having been selected for redundancy in individual and collective redundancy situations
- Advised executives on the management of their employment or contractor reputations when joining or departing employers or client companies
- Cubism Law
- 2012 – 2015 Member, Golden Leaver LLP
- 2001 – 2012 Partner, Pinsent Masons LLP
- 1995 – 2001 Solicitor and Partner, Biddle & Co
- 1985 – 1995 Articled Clerk and Solicitor, Nabarro LLP
- 1984 – 1985 Account Executive, Overdrive Credit Card Ltd
- 1983 – 1984 Debt Collector, Miss Selfridge
- 1982 – 1983 College of Law, Guildford
- 1978 – 1982 Sussex University (Law/German)
- 1980 – 1981 Munich Ludwig Maximilian University (Law/German)
Wyn is 1 of only 12 employment lawyers recommended and ranked in the legal directory Spears 500.