William is a senior lawyer in the Real Estate department at Cubism Law. He has over 40 years’ experience and his main areas of practice are commercial and residential property with particular expertise in leases and contract work.
Much of his work includes co-ordinating property developments from acquisition, to granting of leases through to advising on contracts and mortgages. William also deals with trust and probate matters. the acquisition, to construction and the granting of shop leases.
He has a very broad base of private clients that includes tenants, landlords, industrial property developers, professionals and High Net Worth individuals.
William’s clients appreciate his straight-talking approach and ability to make the complex simple. This is evidenced by the number of clients who have been with him for over 30 years.
When he is not working William spends time with classic cars and others, who like him, appreciate a good classic car.
- Commercial and residential
- Acted for both landlords and tenants
- Acted for the developer of a large shopping Centre in the middle of a town in Sussex, from the acquisition, to construction and the granting of shop leases
- Acted for high net worth individuals, both UK resident and non-UK resident
- Dealt with matters for non-resident companies and foundations
- Advised on contentious probate cases
- Solicitor, Cubism Law
- 1989 - 2014 Partner, William Simmonds & Co / Woolf Simmonds
- 1979 - 1989 Solicitor, Claire & Co
- 1976 - 1979 Partner, Devonshires
Conveyancing Quality Scheme
Cubism Law has been awarded the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) accreditation. The CQS quality mark provides a recognised excellence standard for residential conveyancing practices and membership to the scheme establishes a level of credibility for firms with stakeholders such as regulators, lenders and insurers as well as residential homebuyers and sellers.
Cubism’s property department underwent rigorous assessment by The Law Society in order to secure the CQS status and our Residential Property team undergo compulsory training, strict assessment, random audit process and annual reviews to maintain CQS status each year.
The scheme is also supported by the Association of British Insurers, the Building Societies Association, Council of Mortgage Lenders, and the Legal Ombudsman.
Since inception in 2011, the CQS has created a trusted community which has helped year on year to deter fraud and continually improve standards across the residential conveyancing sector.
For more information go to: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/conveyancing-quality-scheme/