Soraia is a qualified lawyer in Brazil, Portugal and a registered European Lawyer in England & Wales. She specialises in both Immigration and Civil Law.
She works for Nabas International Lawyers, part of the Cubism Law group and has extensive experience in helping clients acquire European citizenship and manage complex immigration cases.
Her role requires the co-ordination of many aspects of client matters including assessment of the client’s initial situation to guide, help, advise on next steps, all the way through to checking all the required information and documentation to ensure the case can proceed.
Her clients originate from diverse areas such as Brazil, Italy and Portugal and her international experience enables her to provide linguistic and the comfort of cultural familiarity to her clients.
In her spare time, Soraia volunteers for the Portuguese community in London where she offers legal assistance and support. Soraia is an avid writer and enjoys writing legal articles. She also loves cooking and gardening.
- Family Law
- European Citizenship
- Advised a client on a spouse visa process that had been on for 20 years due to wrong doing by legal professionals
- Acted for clients on the Residency Visa for retirees and income earners in Portugal;
- Advised client on the Visa application based on the derivative right of residence;
- Acted for clients on the Permanent Residence Visa to live in Brazil based on a civil partnership and family reunion
- Acted for clients on the European citizenship, mainly Portuguese and Italian, mostly based on family ties to the European countries
- Advised clients in marriage and divorce proceedings in Brazil ensuring that cross jurisdiction procedures were correct
- 2009 – Present - Lawyer, Nabas International Lawyers
- 2005 – 2007 – Lawyer, Niero Solicitor
- 1987-1988 – Volunteer-Trainee, Brazilian Governmental Department of Employment
- 1986 – 2008 – CEO Entrepreneur, Shopping Video’s Comercio e Locacao LTDA
- 1985 –1989 Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba – UNIMEP (LLB)