Employment Law Business, Employment Law Private, Employment Disputes
Rumana is a lawyer in the employment department at Cubism Law.
She advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including: policy, contracts (drafting and negotiating), flexible working and a wide variety of terminations and discrimination cases.
Rumana is a lawyer in the employment department at Cubism Law. She advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including: policy, contracts (drafting and negotiating), flexible working and a wide variety of terminations and discrimination cases.
Her clients include both employees and employers ranging from corporates and business owners to start-ups and SMEs. Rumana has brought and defended cases of unfair dismissal, breach of contract and discrimination claims providing advice at all levels.
With a background in immigration, industrial disease and employment law, over the last 16 years Rumana has developed a wealth of experience to guide and support her clients through what can be a challenging time. She tackles her work with a solution focused approach and offers clear practical advice peppered with a positive attitude.
Outside work she is just as goal orientated. Each year sets herself the task of completing one ‘sporting’ event be it a half marathon, an obstacle course through mud or stand up paddle boarding. When she is not undertaking sizeable sporting challenges she sings with a local choir whilst dreaming about travelling around a little more of the world with her family.
- Recently drafted contracts, handbook, policies and procedures for a start-up hairdresser and estate agency
- Successfully defended a discrimination claim brought in the Employment Tribunal
- Updated handbooks, contracts and policies for a music agency
- Successfully advised a senior executive with making a flexible working request
- Assisted an SME during the grievance procedure
- Drafted contracts for a senior executive at an IT start-up
- Successfully brought breach of contract and discrimination claims in the Employment Tribunal
- 2015 – Present: Solicitor, Cubism Law
- 2003-2010: Solicitor, Wixted & Co
- 2002-2003: Solicitor, Trott & Gentry
- 1999-2002: Trainee/Solicitor, Howe & Co Solicitors
- Employment Lawyer's Association (ELA)