Financial Liabilities, Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation, Construction Disputes
Robert is a senior lawyer in the Financial Services department.
He has over 46 years͛ legal experience, and for the last 25 years, he has worked in a niche sector of financial law dealing exclusively with disputes of malpractice in pensions, investments and insurance claims.
Robert is a senior lawyer in the Financial Services department. He has over 46 years͛ legal experience, and for the last 25 years, he has worked in a niche sector of financial law dealing exclusively with disputes of malpractice in pensions, investments and insurance claims.
His clients include private individuals, business owners, small pension schemes or high street IFAs. In his work, Robert and his clients often go up against better-funded and bigger opponents which Robert describes as the ͚David versus Goliath͛ scenario.
Robert is tenacious. His clients appreciate his energy and dogged determination in seeking the redress they deserve by taking on cases which, from the outside, can often look unwinnable.
Robert has had an extensive and varied career. He was an equity partner in Clarke Willmott for 30 years.
He worked as a part time judge (District Registrar) for three years and his legal experience spans an impressive wealth of arenas including: crime, construction, local government and trusteeships.
As well as being legally qualified, Robert also passed the exams normally required for a professional IFA.
Outside of work, Robert enjoys singing and sailing. Other more recent enthusiasms include learning Chinese and bell ringing. He speaks good French, some German and a smattering of Chinese, Swedish and Danish.
- Financial Services
- Dispute Resolution
- Pensions Litigation
- Successful and ongoing work includes specialising in and advising on multi-party actions since 2004.
- Successfully advised and managed a claim by about 400 Equitable Life annuitants in respect of misrepresentations by Equitable concerning its with-profits annuities.
- Successfully advised on the Cameron Farley case – acting for 150 clients of Cameron Farley Ltd, in respect of a fraudulent foreign exchange investment.
- 2014 – Present Lawyer, Cubism Law
- 1977 –2014 Partner, Clarke Willmott
- 1968 – 1977 Lawyer, Local Government