International Private Client, Private Client Tax, International
Peter is a senior lawyer in our International department at Cubism Law.
He advises UK and international individuals and families on asset protection, succession planning, UK and international taxation, and on the establishment and operation of trusts.
Peter is a senior lawyer in our International department. He advises UK and international individuals and families on asset protection, succession planning, UK and international taxation, and on the establishment and operation of trusts.
He also advises on succession and estate issues and helps families to avoid disagreements and represents parties if matters become contentious. Much of Peter's work involves cross-border issues often where three or more jurisdictions are involved.
Most of Peter’s clients are of non-UK origin. They include individuals who utilise the UK’s non-domicile system of taxation and come from a range of professional arenas including private equity executives, art dealers, bankers, investors and other lawyers.
Originally from Ireland, Peter was a tax partner at PwC and has worked abroad for over 25 years living in Brussels, Prague and London. He is often called upon to provide fly-in advice and expertise on matters across Europe and the USA.
Having spent over 20 years advising corporate clients, Peter became a Private Client lawyer in 2005, focusing on advising individuals. He is passionate about helping individuals address complex financial and legal challenges and working across borders.
In 2013 whilst a partner at a law firm, Peter made reports to the Police and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) concerning certain suspicions about the activities of another solicitor with whom he practiced.
The individual in question is currently being prosecuted before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. He sued Peter and the case went to the High Court in London and the SRA intervened in the case believed to be the first time this had occurred.
- Private Client
- Tax and legal advice in numerous domestic and cross-border corporate structuring and restructurings
- Advice to families on challenges to Wills – both on the Claimant and Defendant side
- Specialises in long-term asset and tax planning for wealthy families and individuals
- 2013 to date Cubism Law
- 2005 Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales (Advising Private Clients)
- 1982 Tax & Legal, PwC Dublin (Advising corporate clients) – became a partner in 1989
- 1981 Tutor in the Law Faculty
- 1981 Graduated in law from University College Dublin
- Barrister (Republic of Ireland)
- Solicitor (England & Wales)
- Member of the Irish Tax Institute
- Inscribed at the Paris Bar