International Arbitration, Cubism International Dispute Resolution Advice - CIDRA
Noor Kadhim has over ten years’ experience in the investment and commercial arbitration domain.
Noor also has experience in advising funds on investing in arbitration claims and in public international law matters, including repatriation of cultural heritage for States.
Noor Kadhim has over ten years’ experience in the investment and commercial arbitration domain. Noor also has experience in advising funds on investing in arbitration claims and in public international law matters, including repatriation of cultural heritage for States.
She has advised investors, companies, individuals, States, and organizations on conducting arbitrations and has represented them in live matters that concluded or were ultimately settled. She has also advised stakeholders on the avoidance of disputes including provision of advice in relation to contracts in high-risk jurisdictions so as to obtain maximum protection from available international treaties and investment laws.
Noor speaks four languages (English, French, Arabic and conversational Italian). She was formerly an associate at a magic circle English practice and has gained numerous academic accolades including First Class degrees from renowned international universities, at undergraduate and Masters level.
Her extensive experience also includes working in-house on arbitration matters at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris where she administered over 100 cases including several matters against States or State-owned entities.
Noor has also advised and represented major artists, galleries and institutions in the art world / creative industries in relation to both disputes and projects and transactions.
Art and cultural heritage
Third party funding
- Representing Italian investors in their investment treaty claim against an East African state for cancellation of a biofuels startup project (100M USD value)
- Representing Russian shareholders in a shareholder dispute against joint venture partners in an oil and gas joint venture project under LCIA Rules (London)
- Representing a Cypriot bank in a 3BN investment treaty claim against the Hellenic Republic for damage suffered from the 2011 Greek sovereign debt restructuring (3BN USD value)
- Advising a Los Angeles based biofuels company in its claim against a billionaire Nigerian investor for breach of an English law governed joint venture financing agreement of value 600M USD
- Representing a Kazakh oil company in the defence of a claim against a bank for breach of a corporate guarantee in relation to an oil and gas project
- Administering over 100 (mostly construction, finance and energy related) cases as Deputy Counsel at the International Chamber of Commerce as part of the Eastern Mediterranean team
- Assessing the merits of arbitration matters for a global leader in third party funding
- Advising States on international treaty and foreign direct investment connected obligations
- Advising clients on drafting arbitration and other clauses in high value investment and other contracts, in order to minimize disputes occurring
- Advising investors on dispute avoidance in high-risk jurisdictions at the pre-project or pre-dispute phases through utilization of local counsel networks where necessary
- Drafting legislation (the free zone arbitration rules for Abu Dhabi government) and the Afghan Centre arbitration institution rules
- Conducting workshops which were delivered to Bosnian, and Afghan, arbitration practitioners and institutions for the US Department of Commerce Commercial Law and Development Programme (CLDP). Focus areas were the explanation of arbitration, the drafting of international arbitration rules (Afghan Centre for Arbitration), and workshops on the management of arbitrations from the point of view of an institution (ICC) and arbitrators
- Conducting workshops for the Iraqi Public Policy and Leadership Programme (IPPLP) to Iraqi expatriate business students. Delivered training on international treaties, including the ICSID and New York Conventions
- September 2017 – March 2018 Legal Counsel, Vannin Capital
- July 2016 – September 2017 Senior Associate, Joseph Hage Aaronson
- September 2014 – June 2016 Deputy Counsel, ICC
- September 2012 – September 2014 Partner, Gunnercooke
- April 2010 – September 2012 Associate, Allen & Overy
- Graduated with First Class Honours (Glasgow University: Law with French) (LLB) and First Class Honours from Queen Mary University in International Arbitration (LLM)