International, EU Law Practice
Dr Mourad Greiss is a lawyer in the International Department at Cubism Law.
He has over 10 years experience in Competition Law, Regulatory Compliance and Litigation from working in private practice and as an in-house counsel in an international context.
Dr Mourad Greiss is a lawyer in the International Department at Cubism Law. He has over 10 years experience in Competition Law, Data Protection, Regulatory Compliance and Litigation from working in private practice and as an in-house counsel in an international context.
Much of Mourad’s work involves advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious competition law and helping businesses comply with competition law and best practice, as well as on day-to-day compliance procedures and implementation, training and auditing.
Part of Mourad’s work is to introduce and implement compliance programmes. For clients with programmes already in place, he works with clients to ensure these are robust in terms of content and implementation.
Mourad's work also involves the design and delivery of training. Mourad trains front-line businesses’ personnel, namely sales and marketing departments, in competition law, data protection and anti-bribery and corruption compliance to ensure that external audits show that the relevant departments meet the legal requirements.
Mourad’s contentious work focuses on advising businesses under investigation such as advising on dawn raids, information requests and submissions to competition authorities, as well as defence strategies and the preparation of submissions before competition authorities.
Many of his clients include start-ups and publicly-listed companies as well as law firms who need to ensure that their clients take the necessary steps to maintain their compliance with the legal requirements.
Dr Greiss is a member of the Euro-Mediterranean Competition Forum – an Austrian Competition Authority, Moroccan Competition Council and UNCTAD initiative aimed at promoting competition culture and strengthening competition law enforcement in the region.
He is a solicitor of the Senior courts of England and Wales who is fluent in both English and Arabic and has a PhD in Competition Law.
- Business Law
- Competition Law
- Corporate Governance
- Data Protection
- EU and Int’l Trade Law
- Islamic Finance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Delivered advice for a client on standard wholesales and distribution agreements and identified all competition law compliance risks associated with customer and product-specific agreements
- Carried out a detailed risk assessment on the compliance of a business group’s upstream and downstream sales and pricing policies with applicable competition laws, international standards and best practice
- Advised a client on market intelligence gathering, exchange of current prices, exclusive postcode territories in franchising agreements and the provision of risk mitigation measures where applicable
- Advised a business group client on the design and implementation of a compliance programme
- Drafted and coordinated internal guidelines and procedures for business personnel in relation to dawn raids
- Delivered advice for a client under investigation on dealing with information requests as well as providing strategic advice on documentary submissions to the competition authority
- Advised a borrower on the compliance of a high-value loan agreement with Islamic principles
- Advised on third party due diligence and anti-bribery/corruption compliance concerning business dealings
- Delivered strategic advice on anti-dumping applications and safeguard measures under EU and WTO rules
- 2017 - Present - Of Counsel, Cordery Compliance Ltd
- 2015 - Present - Consultant, Cubism Law
- 2011 - 2015 - Consultant, SEJR Ltd (Member, Vovan & Associés)
- 2007 - 2011 - Int’l Trade and Competition Counsel EZDK Steel UK Ltd (Subsidiary of EZZ Steel PLC)
- 2004 - 2005 - Deputy Public Prosecutor, Department of Public Prosecution, Egypt
- 2002 - 2004 – Associate, Zaki Hashem & Partners, Egypt