Michael is a solicitor in the Employment Department at Cubism Law. He has over 16 years’ experience in working across all aspects of employment law including contentious and non-contentious law.
His clients include both employees and employers, from corporates to start-ups and SMEs. He works closely with his clients and provides advice that is practical, value for money and focused on their desired outcome.
Much of his work involves negotiating exit packages for employers and senior executives, drafting personnel policy documents, employment contracts and consultancy agreements. He has brought and defended cases ranging from unfair dismissal, discrimination and victimisation to breach of contract and unlawful deductions.
Michael also provides advice on HR issues including the management of employees, disciplinary issues and procedures, redundancies and business transfers.
Outside work Michael is an accomplished photographer and a keen cook and boasts what may be the biggest spice shelf in South East London.
- Advised the CEO of a large digital media company on his exit from the business.
- Secured a substantial settlement for the managing director and shareholder of a design company facing allegations of and subsequently dismissed for gross misconduct.
- Acted for a national clothing retailer defending claims involving race discrimination, victimisation, constructive unfair dismissal and harassment.
- Advised a global corporate investigation and risk management company in relation to its employment contracts and policies and associated compliance issues.
- Successfully brought a claim of unfair dismissal against a well-known salon by its former owner and subsequently defended an appeal in the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Present - Lawyer, Cubism Law
- 2009-2011 – Synergy Employment Law Solicitors
- 2006-2009 – Penningtons LLP
- 2001-2006 – Magrath & Co Solicitors
- 1999-2001 – Trainee, Clintons Solicitors