Fraud, Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation, Professional Negligence
Josh is a Senior Litigation Executive working in the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law.
He has 11 years’ legal and investigation experience – half of which was spent heading up the investigations/litigation support team for a global investigation/intelligence firm, but more recently in the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law.
Josh is a Senior Litigation Executive working in the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law. He has 11 years’ legal and investigation experience – half of which was spent heading up the investigations/litigation support team for a global investigation/intelligence firm, but more recently in the dispute resolution team at Cubism Law. Josh has experience in regulatory, criminal and family matters.
Josh has advised on a number of regulatory issues, including those concerning prospective criminal exposure. This work is across a wide range of regulators, such as the MHRA (including IAG), ICO and HMRC. He has acted for and advised in relation to disputes with the NHS, GPhC and other regulators.
As a member of the commercial litigation team, Josh regularly acts for a variety of private individual clients including high net worth individuals and business owners.
He also works for companies seeking compensation from solicitors, barristers, accountants and financial institutions for professional negligence, breach of contract and negligent/fraudulent misrepresentation. Josh and the team’s work in Professional Negligence has been recognised in the key legal directories.
Josh is a member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, where he is studying. He is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Fraud Advisory Panel and Institute of Business Ethics. Josh is a Magistrate assigned to the London bench and he is authorised to sit in the Crown Court to hear appeals from the Magistrates Court.
- A successful owner-managed property company in its claim against its former solicitors for negligent conduct of High Court litigation
- A multimillion pound Commercial Court claim for the negligent sale of an oil rig, which successfully settled in October 2015
- A multimillion pound High Court claim for the negligent enforcement of a multimillion pound arbitration award against an African government, which successfully settled in July 2016
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a specialist City of London disputes practice - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound claim and application for security for costs involving an international bank for at least £25 million
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a specialist practice acting for high net worth individuals - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound financial services dispute against an international financial services company
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a practice that specialises in multimillion pound large scale financial services mis-selling claims and counsel specialising in financial services mis-selling claims - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound financial services dispute, which settled successfully
- Acting in complex Children Act 1989, Family Law Act 1996 and other similar proceedings with parallel criminal enquiries, leading to substantive proceedings in the High Court and international enforcement
- Damages claim arising from solicitors’ negligent conduct of a dispute concerning a previously well-known night club in the West End, resulting in the case settling successfully in March 2016
- Acted for the claimant against their former solicitors for negligent advice on the conduct of a patent infringement dispute concerning the sale of barcoded tickets in a well-known decision with a multimillion pound sum in loss of opportunity damages
- Currently working for a successful owner-managed property company in its claim against a district council for its breach of contract relating to a substantial project within the borough and surrounding areas
- Currently working for a Dubai company on its multimillion pound High Court claim against an Iran-based international oil company and its Hong Kong-based owner in respect of a commission agreement that was defaulted on by the oil company rendering it liable for multimillion pound damages. This claim involves four jurisdictions including the United Arab Emirates, Iran, England and Hong Kong
- Worked for a high-profile politician in his multi-million pound High Court claim against Deutsche Bank claiming substantial damages for misrepresentation, breach of the Consumer Credit Act and breach of a facility agreement inter alia
Regulatory and Compliance
- Assisting a pharmacist the subject of an investigation by the GPhC, leading to the case being closed by the GPhC with no further action being taken at the pharmacist
- Advising in relation to a claim against the NHS in relation to its decision to refuse to pay a pharmacy for its claims
- Assisting a pharmaceutical wholesaler in connection with parallel criminal and regulatory enquiries by a regulator, leading to no further action being taken both in respect of the regulatory matter and the criminal enquiry
- Advising a regulated professional and regulated entity with simultaneous criminal, regulatory and civil action, leading to no further action being taken following representations
- Advising a regulated professional in connection with regulatory and professional enquiries relating to its dealings in high-value products across Europe, leading to a discontinued investigation after representations
- Advising a former wholesaler in connection with its obligations under the Human Medicines Regulations 2012 and providing advice on how to comply with a request by a regulatory agency, leading to no further action being taken
- Assisting various holders of an MHRA WDA(H) with referrals to IAG for compliance deficiencies
- Advising a large company in relation to its obligations in respect of money laundering and counter terrorist financing, leading to a successful inspection by the supervisory authority
- Advised businesses on risk-based due diligence investigations for large FMCG and retailer firms across Europe on their business partners, to assist client firms in managing their risk exposure across their businesses
- Investigated complex pan-European missing trader and VAT fraud to identify Defendants who would be subject to civil proceedings to recover funds that have been dishonestly obtained for the benefit of the client firm
- Advised a large London construction firm in relation to a procurement dispute with a large London local authority, successfully resulting in the authority re-tendering for works
- 2017- Present: Senior Litigation Executive, Cubism Law
- 2013-2017: Litigation Consultant, City of London law firm
- 2016: Appointed as a Magistrate to the London bench
- 2015: Qualified as a Certified Fraud Examiner, Mishcon de Reya/ACFE
- 2010-2013: Senior Manager, The XFOR Group
- 2007-2010: Investigator, various large companies in the UK