Corporate & Commercial, Eurasia Corporate & Commercial, International Brand Expansion & Franchising
Gani Abaidildinov is a dual-qualified lawyer in Kazakhstan and Russia in the International Department at Cubism Law.
He has 17 years of professional legal experience and has worked in London for the past 7 years.
Gani Abaidildinov is a dual-qualified lawyer in Kazakhstan and Russia in the International Department at Cubism Law. He has 17 years of professional legal experience and has worked in London for the past 7 years.
He advises high net worth individuals, private equity and venture capital houses and corporates on M&As and financing matters generally.
His main areas are corporate and commercial transactions involving energy and natural resources. Gani has worked on multiple complex cross-border litigation and arbitration cases involving English, Kazakh and Russian law.
- Represented a large corporate client from Kazakhstan
- Represented a Kazakh private group in connection with $500 million sale of a medium size oil company to consortium of Asian investors
- Represented a Kazakh Investment Company on the largest privatisation completed on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (successful acquisition of ten percent of Kazakhmys JSC common shares)
- Represented a Kazakh oil producer in project financing negotiations, syndicated loan from EBRD, BNP Paribas and FMO to cover the construction cost of US$300 million
- Advised a Kazakh oil & gas producer on IPO processes on London Stock Exchange, legal and organisational support
- Advised a consortium of oil & gas majors developing Kazakhstan's largest oil & gas condensate field in connection with a series of high profile tax and other investment disputes (totalling more than $1.6 billion)
- Represented a large private equity fund in its acquisitions (including related financing and debt security arrangements) of following assets:
- Oil refinery in Louisiana, USA
- Zinc deposits and refinery plant in Kazakhstan,
- Natural gas field in Kazakhstan
- Milk processing factory in Uzbekistan
- Commercial banks in various CIS countries
- Represented a large investment bank in a major litigation with large titanium producer over implementation of Western standard minority shareholders protection policies
- Represented a major integrated international oil & gas company in connection with debt financing of an expansion project for one of the major E&P joint ventures in Kazakhstan
- Represented a key shareholder in connection with a joint venture with Baring Vostok private equity fund to develop natural gas field
- Represented a consortium of oil & gas majors in negotiations with state authorities (Tax and Customs) in Russia and Kazakhstan related to production-sharing and regulatory issues
- Advised UHNW clients on commercial litigation in an exceptionally complex multi-jurisdictional case, amounting to nine lawsuits in London’s High Court for more than $5 billion dollars
- 2017 - present: Cubism Law, General Counsel
- 2016 - 2017: Partner, Practice Co-Head (Eurasia), Burlingtons Legal
- 2016 - 2016: General Counsel, Global Assets Advisory Limited, London
- 2014 – 2016: Head of Legal and Company Secretary, Equus Petroleum Plc, London
- 2008 – 2014: Legal Counsel, Family office, London – Moscow
- 2006 – 2008: Legal Adviser, BG Group Plc (former British Gas International), Astana - Reading
- 2004 -2006: Deputy Director of legal department and Corporate Secretary, Caspian Gas Corp, Almaty – New York
- 2002 – 2004: Lawyer, GRATA Law Firm, Almaty
- 1999 – 2002: Lawyer, VERTEX JSC, Almaty