Euri is a multi-disciplined Corporate/Commercial Tax lawyer at Cubism Law. She is a qualified English Solicitor, Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) and Accredited Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) with an MBA degree. She has gained the depth and breadth of legal and business acumen working at various organisations including a City Law Firm in London, and multinational commercial organisations such as Samsung and British Airways.
Euri is originally from South Korea and she often advises her Korean clients on the complex English tax law in Korean language.
Prior to joining Cubism, she was an Associate Partner at a City firm and has led the firm’s Korea Practice.
She has been advising on a broad range of tax matters for businesses and business owners and executives for over 12 years.
Outside work, she enjoys spending time with her two children. She also spends some time in dance practices and rehearsals for her regular public performances as an amateur dancer.
- Drafted and negotiated tax indemnities and warranties in UK and cross-border corporate M&As and Private Equity transactions
- Advised on UK corporation tax matters such as corporate re-organisations, demergers, share buy backs and loan relationships
- Advised on Double Tax Treaty and Corporate residency
- Advised overseas companies establishing in the UK with various UK tax issues, including Double Tax Treaty, Permanent Establishment and Corporate Residency
- Advised on the Tax planning for property transactions
- Advised on the Tax planning for internationally mobile employees and expatriates
- Advised on employment related taxation, including the tax treatment of employee benefits and termination payment
- Advised on Tax issues relating to Employment Related Securities, EMI, CSOP and Unapproved Share Option/Share schemes
- Advised on EIS / SEIS pre-approval and fund raising
- Advised on Tax planning for non-domiciled individuals
- Advised on ad hoc VAT enquiries especially e-commerce VAT
- 2007 – 2016 Associate & Associate Partner at Corporate Tax Group, Laytons LLP
- 2005 – 2007 Trainee Solicitor, Laytons LLP
- 2002 – 2005 Management Accountant & In-house Legal Advisor, Samsung SDS Europe Limited
- 2000 Customer Relationship Marketing Consultant, British Airways
- 2002 – 2004 Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London
- 2001 – 2002 Post Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, London
- 2000 Diploma in English Legal System, London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London
- 1999 – 2000 Master in Business Administration, University of Bath