Duncan is a senior commercial property lawyer in Cubism’s Real Estate group and has over 25 years’ experience of dealing with all aspects of commercial property acquisitions and sales.
With a 'hands on' commercial approach Duncan has particular expertise in structuring complex property acquisitions, property investments, as well as the management and oversight of landlord and tenant, sales and development matters.
Many of his transactions involve complex land promotion and development projects, retail lettings and investment properties and the sale and purchase of commercial property.
His role often involves the co-ordination of the legal framework for each project, from the initial conception of a project to securing finance and advising on the legal issues.
His clients include entrepreneurial investors, high net worth individuals, pension funds, property companies, and private investors.
According to Duncan the best deals occur when negotiations between each side are collegiate. He enjoys working with both parties in order to achieve the most successful results possible for his clients.
Duncan still finds being a lawyer fun. His enthusiasm is reflected in his testimonials from his Clients.
In the past Duncan has acted upon landmark transactions including:
- Organising the property transfers upon the winding up of London Docklands Development Corporation
- Acquiring property for the Chanel Tunnel railink
- Acquiring property for Leyton Orient FC’s ground redevelopment.
Current transactions include:
- Promoting a development of 300 houses in Maldon for Dartmouth Park Estates
- A joint venture for an Agricultural Science Park in Cambridge
- The redevelopment of a shopping centre for our client Hammersmatch Group.
- Consultant Solicitor, Cubism Law
- 2001 – 2010 – Partner, Gisby Harrison
- 1997-2001 – Partner, Few & Kester
- 1986-1997 –Senior Assistant, Ashurst
- University of Bristol, LLB Hons