Dispute Resolution (Commercial Litigation), Commercial Contract Disputes, Corporate & Commercial
Claudia is a lawyer in the Dispute Resolution department at Cubism Law.
She is an experienced commercial litigator and is qualified in both England and Wales and Ontario, Canada.
Claudia is a lawyer in the Dispute Resolution department at Cubism Law. She is an experienced commercial litigator and is qualified in both England and Wales and Ontario, Canada.
Her experience includes defending civil proceedings, with a current focus on contractual disputes arising out of commercial relationships and agreements, including: investments and other financial transactions; commercial and residential tenancies; distribution agreements and other contracts for goods and services; and employment contracts and restrictive covenants.
Claudia regularly appears before all levels of Court and Tribunal.
She practised as a Barrister and Solicitor in Canada for over six years, where she gained extensive experience in civil litigation, including defending professional indemnity claims and directors’ and officers’ liability claims.
Claudia is fluent in French, with elementary proficiency in juridical French. She also speaks intermediate level Spanish.
Claudia has travelled extensively around the globe, developing a particular fondness for Japan, Peru and Vanuatu.
- Acted in matters relating to breach of restrictive covenants, both in employment contracts and shareholders’ agreements.
- Acted in all types of insolvency proceedings, both for debtors and creditors
- Acted in property damage and business interruption claims
- Acted in construction law matters, including the defence of negligence claims and the negotiation and implementation of remediation agreements.
- Acted for a national educational charity and its officers and directors with respect to claims of breach of contract, breach of trust, inducing breach of trust and conversion of funds
- Acted in claims of fraud, holding out and negligence with respect to residential and commercial financing
- Acted on behalf of a chapter of the Humane Society and several SPCA officers with respect to claims of negligent investigation and conspiracy.
- Acted in matters with respect to tax assessments, investment schemes and investigations
- Acted in matters relating to passing off and trademark infringement
- 2017 - Present Lawyer, Cubism Law, London, United Kingdom
- 2007 - 2013 Barrister and Solicitor, Forbes Chochla LLP, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2003 - 2006 LL.B., Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
- 1998 - 2002 B.A. with Distinction, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada