Bledi is a 2PQE arbitration and litigation associate. He joins the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law from the City office of a boutique litigation firm with an international presence.
Bledi has nine years legal experience, covering both international arbitration and commercial litigation. Bledi’s experience covers disputes involving banking, corporate, construction, intellectual property, oil & gas, fraud and trust disputes. He has appeared in numerous actions in all divisions of the High Court, Court of Appeal, Privy Council, the Supreme Court and several arbitrations in London.
His practice covers multi-jurisdictional and cross-border disputes involving several jurisdictions including UK, EU, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands as well as the USA, acting for companies, high net worth (HNW) individuals and State entities.
Bledi speaks four languages (English, Italian, Albanian, and conversational Spanish) and is currently learning Russian.
- Representing Italian investors in their investment treaty claim against an East African state for cancellation of a biofuels startup project ($100 million value)
Representing a Kazakh oil company in a London-seated UNCITRAL arbitration in the defence of a claim against a bank for breach of a corporate guarantee in relation to an a construction project
- Acting successfully for a Slovenian oil and gas company in a London-seated LCIA arbitration claim against a Croatian company for damages over $32 million arising out of a contract for the supply of petrol related products
- Acting successfully for an international construction company in a London-seated arbitration in a claim against a State Respondent for damages of $6 billion arising out of a contract for the supply and processing of natural gas
- Assisting in enforcement proceedings against a State Respondent in respect of $350 million New York Convention arbitration award in UK Courts leading to a settlement
- Acting for the majority shareholders of a BVI company in an unfair prejudice dispute in an ICC Arbitration and construction of the arbitration clause in a Shareholder Agreement which was ultimately decided in our clients’ favour in the Privy Council, see Anzen Limited and Others v Hermes One Limited  UKPC 1
- Acting for a Brazilian Oil & Gas Company in a London-seated arbitration against a Norwegian rig
- Acting successfully for a wealthy Kuwaiti family in a claim for over $21 million against Credit Suisse U.K Ltd for breach of FSA/FCA rules in selling index-linked notes and related London-seated LCIA arbitration claim following the litigation
- Acting for two governors of London Schools, involving high profile individuals in a claim involving conspiracy, fraud and breach of statutory law
- Acting for the designer of the Stormtrooper helmets used in the Star Wars films in relation to unsuccessful copyright infringement proceedings brought by Lucasfilm in the Supreme Court, Lucasfilm Limited and Others v Ainsworth and Another  UKSC 39
- Acting for a Brazilian Oil & Gas Company in one of the biggest recognition of Cross-Border Insolvency in England and Wale
- Acting for Russian Commercial Bank (Cyprus) Ltd in contempt proceedings against a defendant in Russian Commercial Bank (Cyprus) Ltd v Fedor Khoroshilov  EWHC 3139 (QB) and  EWHC 4433 (Comm)
- Acting for OJSC VTB Bank against two Russian directors and an English company in a tort and conspiracy claim in the Commercial Court in OJSC VTB Bank v Parline Limited and Others  EWHC 1135
- Acted for a travel company and related property companies in litigation against a former finance director for an account and payment of sums found to be due from the finance director in the Chancery Division and Court of Appeal
- Advising the directors of a BVI company developing a Villa complex in Brazil and bringing a successful injunction in the High Court to enforce a contractual option under section 44 of the Arbitration Act 1996
- Assisting in Inversiones Frieira & Others v Colyzeo Investors II LP & Others  EWHC (Ch) 1762 - The rights of Limited Partners in a Real Estate Equity Fund to the delivery up of its books and records
- Assisting the Defendants in one of the longest contempt hearing before the commercial court: Munib Masri v Consolidated Contractors International Company SAL & Others  EWHC 1024 (Comm)
- 2019 - Present: Associate, International Arbitration and Litigation, Cubism Law
- 2016 - 2018: Associate, Commercial Litigation and Arbitration, SCA Ontier LLP
- 2014 – 2016: Trainee Solicitor, SCA Ontier LLP
- 2010 – 2014: Paralegal, SC Andrew LLP
- 2008 – 2009: Consultant, SAFO UK Ltd
- 2007 – 2011: King’s College University LLB; London School of Economics LLM; BPP Law School