Construction & Engineering
Anna is a specialised non-contentious construction and engineering lawyer in the Commercial Property department.
She qualified in 1998 and prior to joining Cubism was a Partner and Head of Construction and Engineering at a well-known London West End firm.
Anna is a specialised non-contentious construction and engineering lawyer in the Commercial Property department. She qualified in 1998 and prior to joining Cubism was a Partner and Head of Construction and Engineering at a well-known London West End firm.
Anna acts for a broad range of clients including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, tenants and funds.
She advises on all aspects of the documentation used in construction projects, including building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bank and surety bonds, insurance issues and on the construction aspects of development, lease and funding agreements.
Anna's depth and breadth of expertise are frequently sought by the professional press and by leading publishers for her insights, perspectives and commentary on key issues in her specialist areas.
Her extra-curricular activities include spending time with her family, taking exotic vacations and visits to the theatre.
- Acting for a major lending institution lending £7m on a residential development comprising social and private housing.
- Acted for a JV Partner in respect of its involvement with the Lee Valley Sewage Replacement System during the tender period and post appointment of the JV as preferred bidder.
- Acted for a major lending institution on a £44m refinancing facility involving the development of 8 residential care homes.
- Acted for the developer of a site in central London worth £20m in construction spend to create an 18 storey mixed use development comprising residential units and Music College, using JCT design and build procurement.
- Acted on behalf of a major bank lending funds to the developer of a mixed development scheme comprising the construction of three multi storey buildings incorporating 1,105 square metres of commercial space and 90 flats with car and cycle parking, amenity and public open space together with all associated works.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London building luxury apartments, communal areas to include a swimming pool and landscaped grounds. The works were funded by a major high street bank and the facility agreement lent approximately £85m to the developer so the documentation needed to be negotiated with the bank's lawyers and the construction team had to be institutionally acceptable.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London developing, on behalf of its tenant, a six storey hotel.
- Acted for the owners of a football club in respect of the development of a new all-seater football stadium together with associated external works car parking, coach parking, external concourse and landscaping plus associated statutory services supplies and connections.
- Acted for both purchasers and contractors buying or building residential homes on individual plots.
- Drafting standard terms of business for an array of contractor companies.
- Dealing with construction contracts used in renewable industries such as solar panel farms, wind farms and biogas projects.
- 2017 – Present - Consultant, Cubism Law
- 2008 – 2017 – Consultant, various firms
- 2006 – 2008 – Partner and Head of Construction, Jeffrey Green Russell
- 2003 – 2005 – Senior solicitor, Maples Teesdale
- 2000 -2003 – Associate, Lovells
- 1998 – 2000 – Solicitor, Nicholson Graham and Jones
- 1996 – 1998 – Trainee, Nabarro Nathanson
- College of Law London
- University of Leeds
- Bramston secondary school and 6th form
- Henrietta Barnet Grammar School
- Halsbury's Laws of England Volume 6 Building Contracts (2018)
- Delay Clauses in International Construction Contracts (Kluwer 2010) (co-author)
- Volume 5 (Building and Engineering Contracts) Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents (2004) (LexisNexis Butterworths)
- Volume 38(1) (2006) and the Volume 38(3) (2007) (Sale of Land) (LexisNexis Butterworths)
- Society of Construction Law (SCL)
- Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA)