Corporate, Commercial Contracts, International Business
Andrew is a senior lawyer in the corporate and commercial department at Cubism Law.
He has over 20 years’ experience advising on a wide range of international transactions, in both established and emerging markets, including 12 years working in large city firms advising on projects in energy, financial services, rail and telecoms.
Andrew is a senior lawyer in the corporate and commercial department at Cubism Law. He has over 20 years’ experience advising on a wide range of international transactions, in both established and emerging markets, including 12 years working in large city firms advising on projects in energy, financial services, rail and telecoms.
Andrew speaks Portuguese, Spanish and French and regularly acts for international clients including clients from Brazil, China, France, Germany, Portugal and Spain. He has extensive experience of solving issues that arise in cross border transactions and enjoys working with international clients.
Andrew regularly advises businesses on mergers and acquisitions, fundraising and growth issues.
This includes advice on arrangements to incentivise management, commercial contracts to drive business growth, finance documents, franchise agreements and documenting complex commercial arrangements.
He uses his familiarity of working on complex commercial transactions to help growing businesses solve problems as they arise and work efficiently with the client to close transactions with the minimum of fuss.
- Mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, subscription agreements, investment agreements, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, convertible loan notes, share buy backs, growth shares, flowering shares and share options
- Management agreements, international franchising agreements, carried interest contracts, terms of business, agency and distribution agreements
- Loan facilities, guarantees, deeds of priority, subordination arrangements and the taking of security
- Advised small investment management businesses on a wide range of matters including investment management agreements and performance schedules and Limited Liability Partnership Agreements
- Track access contracts and performance regimes
- Distribution agreements and other commercial contracts for multi-national pharmaceutical company
- Advising independent power plants (in the United Kingdom, Eastern Europe and Brazil) on its contracts
- Advising on the proposed acquisition of a national telephone operator in Eastern Europe
- Acquisition of GSM licenses in Eastern Europe.
- 2013 - Present Lawyer, Cubism Law
- 2003 - 2013 Principal A J Bird & Co
- 2000 - 2002 Partner Richards Butler
- 1998 - 2000 Richards Butler
- 1992 - 1998 Simmons & Simmons
- 1990 - 1992 Lawrence Graham (Blyth Dutton)
- 1987 - 1990 Hedleys