020 7831 0101


Licensing legislation is constantly changing, and getting the right advice on the current requirements from day one is vital to ensure you can obtain the correct permission and licenses at the earliest opportunity. Our specialist team have years of experience in providing a professional, diligent and reliable service to our clients.

The Cubism licensing team provide specialist advice on many other areas related to licensing and licensed premises, such as planning (e.g. for change of use to class A3, A4 or A5), property acquisition and leasehold/freehold issues, along with advice to the entertainment industry on copyrights and performers rights. 

Licensing Act 2003

Whether you operate bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres, restaurants or shops and need a new license or are seeking a variation of an existing license or are subject to a premises license review, we can provide you with the clear and concise advice that you need to get the best possible result.

We offer guidance to operators on all their licensing, regulatory and compliance requirements to assist you on matters raised by the various parties involved, including the Police, Fire Brigade, and teams within the Council.

We can provide advice and representation on:

  • Enforcement problems with the Police or Licensing Authority relating to alleged breaches of licensed hours, conditions or provision of unauthorised licensable activities, and also including closure notices and closure orders
  • Late Night Levy and Early Morning Restriction Orders (EMROs)
  • Temporary Event Notices (TENs) 
  • License Fees and Charges
  • License reviews, which can result in revocation , suspension or changes to times and conditions on licenses and club premises certificates
  • Live Music Act 2012 rights and benefits to premises
  • Other enforcement issues with the Council, such as Noise Complaints and Noise Abatement Notices
  • Premises license applications, including full & minor variations, DPS & transfers
  • Personal license applications

Other license types we advise on:

  • Adult Gaming Centers (AGC) & Family Entertainment Centers (FEC) or acadesGambling Act 2005:
  • Betting, Bingo & Casino premises licenses
  • Gambling Temporary Use & Occasional Use Notices
  • Lotteries & competitions
  • Massage & Special Treatment (MST), including tattooing, acqupunction & ear piercing
  • Pet shops
  • Prize Gaming & Gaming Machine Permits
  • Sex Establishment Premises, including Sexual Entertainment Venues (SEV)
  • Street Trading
  • Sports Grounds
  • Tables and Chairs (or street cafés)