Commercial Contract Disputes
For every business, entering into commercial agreements is part of daily working life. Robust, innovative and intelligent commercial agreements form part of the foundation for many successful businesses. In today’s fast moving and highly competitive environment, where contracts are often between parties in different jurisidictions, being able to rely on good commercial contracts is vital. Solid commercial agreements foster improved business performance and reduce exposure to legal disputes.
Our clients are businesses, multinational organisations and entrepreneurs. Our experienced partner-level commercial team advises on all manner of international and national commercial contracts, industry franchising, distribution agreements, servicing agreements, agency agreements, supply agreements, from terms of business, and commercial negotiations, through to a whole range of complex bespoke agreements and business partnerships.
Whether a long established business or a new enterprise, we have a proven track record of fostering mutually beneficial long-term relationships with our clients. We work hard to get under the skin of our client’s business and get to grips with the future direction of the organization, to ensure the advice we offer not only supports the legal issues arising from the commercial needs today, but also the legal considerations linked to the business’ future.
The commercial team has extensive experience in a wide range of industries including: media, manufacturing, construction, energy, rail, fashion, recruitment, retail, hospitality, finance, IT, healthcare, food, textile & clothing, marketing and distribution.
By working in niche areas of corporate and commercial law, we are able to offer deep specialist sector expertise and technical know-how to our clients, providing straight talking pragmatic advice that be used on a day-to-day basis.
Properly drafted Commercial Contracts
Every business is unique, but properly drafted contracts are important to encourage performance and protect your business in relation to:
- What is expected of you, the coverage of your services or quality of your product
- Who you are entering into a contract with
- Sensibly limiting your liability to customers and clients
- Ensuring payment – receiving the correct amounts and on time
Well drafted contracts offer a transparent view of what is being provided and what is expected in return, together with a road map for resolving any disputes in the business relationship along the way. Contract disputes stubbornly remain one of the most common legal expenses. The best way to avoid such disputes is to draft robust and intelligent contracts and review these carefully before entering into a new business relationship.
As a commercially focused law firm we are highly experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including those listed below.
- Confidentiality agreements
- Contracts for the Supply of Goods
- Contracts for the Supply of Services
- Terms and Conditions
- Agency Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Option Agreements
- Term sheets/ heads of terms
Advertising & Marketing
- Compliance with rules of Advertising Standards Authority
- Promotions and competitions
- Franchise Agreements
- Transfer of Franchises
- Disputes relating to Franchises
- Licensing and Branding
- Transfer of intellectual property rights
- License agreements
- Software licensing
- Hotel/Resort/Spa Management Agreements
- Restaurant Management Agreements
- Property Management Agreements
- Lease, hire and maintenance agreements
Other complex commercial contracts
- Carried interest agreements
- Collaboration agreements / strategic alliance agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Track access contracts
- Transfer of undertaking protection of employment
- Output specifications
- Performance measurement Sponsorship
- Sponsorship agreements