Immigration - Fees
Our pricing for Immigration - Application for Leave to remain (excluding asylum applications)
Legal fees are charged on an hourly rate basis. Our hourly rates are £300.00 (excluding VAT).
The average costs can range between £1,500 - £6,000. All figures exclude VAT unless specifically stated.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
Key stages and services included
The work* will involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office asks you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the number of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents
Factors which may affect the cost of an immigration matter:
- Whether it is a first time application or an extension
- Whether there are multiple dependents
- The number of supporting documents or witnesses
- Possible attendance at a Home Office interview
- Whether it is a fast tracked/premium application.
What services are not included:
- Immigration appeals
- Asylum applications
- Statelessness applications
- Human rights / private life applications
- Applications for Secretary of State immigration bail
- Reconsideration and legacy requests
- Judicial review, such as claims for unlawful detention
- Immigration services to businesses (e.g. applications for certificates of sponsorship or confirmation of acceptance for studies).
Disbursements are not included in the costs set out above and are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Translation costs (if applicable). Some documents may need to be translated by an outsourced translation company. Their fees can range between £50.00-£80.00 excluding VAT per page.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees (opens on the Home Office website) for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process
- Where the Home Office refuses your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
- Requests for administrative review.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
For in-country application (such as extension of stay or settlement visa where applicant apply in the UK), the application must be submitted before the visa expire but not more than 28 days before the current visa run out. For out-country application, the application will be submitted as soon as it is ready, the same applies to in-country switching application (for example: Tier 4 Student switching to spouse visa in the UK).
We will normally submit applications as swiftly as possible you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer.
All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
Our immigration team has over 50 years collective experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to immigration work. For full details of our team see below: