Cubism Law has considerable experience of handling tax investigations and tax disputes and acts on behalf of both corporations and individuals. Our in-depth procedural knowledge of the tax system enables us to advise on the strategy and procedures for negotiating settlements with HMRC and the process for conducting tax-related litigation.
The added benefit of using a solicitor is that all communications between the client and solicitor are subject to legal privilege.
Representative matters we have worked on include:
- COP9 Investigations (Code of Practice 9)
- Advising film finance clients on responding to HMRC requests for documentation in cases of suspected fraud
- Assisting film finance clients on HMRC investigations into tax-driven partnership schemes
- Advising the owners of ‘The Three Graces’ by Antonio Canova on an HMRC investigation in relation to its offshore holding structure
- Successfully negotiating a VAT refund of several hundred thousand pounds for Marsh Farm Community Development Trust which ensured its survival
- Advising a high-net worth indidvidual in relation to an HMRC investigation in respect of the offshore holding structure for his principal private residence which was put in place to minimise stamp duty land tax
- Advising an individual regarding reclaiming overpaid inheritance tax wrongfully imposed by HMRC in respect of the foreign bank account of his non-UK resident deceased brother
We also regularly advise clients on tax based contractual and indemnity claims.
The Three Graces
Advising the owners of ‘The Three Graces’ on an HMRC investigation in relation to its offshore holding structure. Read more about ‘The Three Grace’
Marsh Farm Community Development Trust
Cubism Law successfully negotiating a VAT refund of several hundred thousand pounds for the Marsh Farm Community Development Trust which ensured its survival. Find out more about the Marsh Farm Community Development Trust