Thinking of buying a franchise?
Buying a franchise is an increasingly popular option for many people looking to find a way into business without the burden, risks and insecurity of starting a new operation completely from scratch. A franchise typically offers the benefits of working as your own boss with the support of an established and proven brand, business model and system. This assists you to establish your business quickly with a reasonable indication of how much you will earn.
Before you sign a franchise agreement
For many first time franchisees it will be the most significant investment of their lives and the right franchise for you should be researched fully and considered carefully before you make your commitment. As part of that research, every franchisee should undertake a full vetting service from an adviser who specialises in franchising. We have advised hundreds of franchisees on their investment which, together with our network of franchised specialists, includes:
- A full franchise agreement review to ensure that the contract you are signing is fair and reasonable and protects your investment.
- A due diligence package which includes review of the disclosure material for BFA compliance and a risk audit of the Franchisor’s Business.
- A business planning review service to ensure the accuracy of the financial projections upon which you are basing your investment.
- A business start up package including company set up and HMRC registrations.
- Ongoing first year support including accounting based services and monthly legal advice helpline.
We are happy to advise franchisees on all aspects of franchise law with respect to franchise reviews, franchise agreements and any franchise disputes that you may be affected by.
Thinking of buying a Retail Franchise?
If you are a first time franchisee and are looking specifically at retail franchise opportunities then you might find this article from our Managing Director and leading franchise lawyer Andrew Pena useful:
Why Cubism Law?
Cubism Law are experts in all aspects of franchising. If you are about to enter into a Franchise and would like some expert professional advice before you do so, please give us a call on 0207 831 0101 for our free factsheet on “Assessing a Franchise Opportunity”. Our professional help and support can ensure that you invest with confidence.