Franchising Solicitors & Lawyers in London
At Cubism Law we are keen to build long term relationships with our franchising clients many of whom have been with us for several years. Our dedicated franchise law team is led by Andrew Pena (former Partner and Head of the Franchise Dispute Practice at Field Fisher Waterhouse) who has successfully handled over 1,000 franchising cases over the last 10 years. Cubism Law is also an active member of the British Franchise Association (BFA).
Why choose Cubism Law?
- Never lost at trial and have been successful in around 90% of the court applications made.
- Have over 20 reported cases where Judgments have been made in favour of our clients.
- During the last 12 months, Cubism Law has recovered over £1.5 million for our franchising clients and successfully defended (i.e. no sums being paid in either settlement or awards) over 100 claims that have been made against our franchising clients.
Some recent examples of our work include:
- Obtaining Summary Judgment for over £320,000 against defaulting franchisee.
- Obtaining Judgment for over £125,000 against defaulting franchisee.
- Obtaining enforcement of post termination restrictions by way of Injunctive Orders and Undertakings.
- Defeating Group claim by 16 franchisees by obtaining Judgments against various franchisees for over £700,000.
- Obtaining Committal Order (and 2 year suspended prison sentence) for persistent breach of Injunctive Orders.
- Strike out of £100,000 franchisee claim for failure to comply with Court directions.
- Strike out of £60,000 franchisee claim through successful challenge to jurisdiction
Read more about our specific expertise in franchise disputes and litigation.
Read more about our related services in brand licensing.
Franchisor and need legal advice? We’d like to help.