Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, Corporate
Patrick heads up our Corporate Recovery and Insolvency (“CRI”) group.
He has over 10 years’ experience of working in CRI and almost 20 years' experience as a litigator advising on commercial, financial, intellectual property and data privacy matters.
Patrick heads up our Corporate Recovery and Insolvency (“CRI”) group. He has over 10 years’ experience of working in CRI and almost 20 years' experience as a litigator advising on commercial, financial, intellectual property and data privacy matters.
Patrick’s work encompasses all aspects of CRI including formal processes such as administrations, liquidations, voluntary arrangements - and their interaction with Chapter 11 and international legislation; litigation arising from insolvency – undoing antecedent transactions, tracing assets and enforcement; as well as advising insolvent businesses, their boards and individuals.
His clients include corporates, individuals faced with bankruptcy, insolvency practitioners and distressed investors.
He has regularly acted for the creditors of failed institutional, financial and professional services businesses and his work has included numerous cross-border matters.
He has significant experience of advising on EU and International insolvency legislation and has successfully taken a leading case on international enforcement to the Supreme Court.
- Contentious & non-contentious corporate recovery & insolvency
- Financial litigation
- Data Privacy
- Trust/proprietary and unsecured creditors of Lehman
- Insolvency practitioners and banks (primarily HSBC and Barclays) on numerous administrations, liquidations, schemes and CVAs.
- The Defendants/Appellants in relation to the attempted enforcement of a US Bankruptcy Order in the UK in Rubin v Eurofinance before the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Retail bond holders and preference shareholders of The Cooperative Bank
- TPG Private Equity in relation to the administration of the Republic retail chain
- The unsecured creditors’ committee and then the liquidating trustee of Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP in relation to the UK partners of that firm
- Landlords in relation to attempted guarantee-stripping in a CVA
- Distressed funds holding positions in the Cattles Plc and Welcome administrations
- The BVI liquidator of the Fairfield Century feeder fund, in relation to Madoff and certain offshore issues
- The Irish Examiner of Irish Medical Systems (Computers) Limited on its application to the English High Court for assistance
- On recognition and making recoveries pursuant to the EC Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2000 and the Cross Border Insolvency Regulations 2006, especially re COMI shifts Unsecured creditors of MF Global, TXU and Enron
- Peabody (the largest privately-owned coal mining company in the world) on its claims against TXU
- The Dutch bankruptcy liquidator of MG Rover
- The liquidator of My Fotostop Limited in its trade mark dispute with Fotostop Group
- 2018: Corporate Recovery & Insolvency (“CRI”) group Cubism Law
- 2015-2018 : Managing Partner & legal counsel, Dragon Advisory
- 2008-2014: Partner and Solicitor, Brown Rudnick LLP
- 2001-2008: Solicitor, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- 1997-2001: Solicitor, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
- 1994-1997: Solicitor and Trainee, Simmons & Simmons LLP