Nilloosha has been a lawyer for over 14 years and leads the Freshlaw team which is part of the Cubism Law group. Her specialist areas include all aspects of Landlord and Tenant, Commercial and Franchise Law.
Nilloosha’s particular expertise is residential leasehold law and enfranchisement. She acts for both landlords and tenants in both statutory and voluntary lease extensions, freehold purchases, the Right to Manage and in a variety of leasehold matters within the First Tier Property Tribunal. She also undertakes interrelated aspects of work on company, business and trust law.
Her clients are leaseholders, landlords, management companies, managing agents, business, franchisees and franchisors. Day to day she focuses on client’s needs first and foremost as well as creating and sustaining good long-term relationships, particularly as the work can often span many years.
Nilloosha puts clients at ease with her ability to get to the heart of a matter quickly and explain the issues simply and clearly whilst identifying the most suitable way forward.
She is a member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners.
Outside of work, Nilloosha enjoys travelling, discovering new cultures, people and food. Nilloosha is also a keen painter and amateur gardener.
A large proportion of Nilloosha's practice has an international aspect to it and includes acting for clients from Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, Portugal and Spain.
Landlord and Tenant Law
- Residential Leasehold Law
- Commercial Lease Transactions
- Sale and Purchases of Business
- Franchise Agreement reviews
Landlord and Tenant
- Acted for a building of 230 flats in acquiring the Right to Manage
- Acted in the successful Appointment of a Manager under S24 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 at the First Tier Property Tribunal of a building consisting of over 60 leasehold flats
- Represented a high net worth client in their contract for development and subsequent sale of the land to external developers throughout the development cycle She then acted for the client to acquire a leaseback of parts of the development and presently on the client’s proposed assignment of the same
- Acted in the purchase of the freehold under collective enfranchisement from co-trustees of the freehold who were in dispute
- Pragmatically negotiated the voluntary surrender of a commercial lease with a Landlord to prevent the otherwise real prospect of forfeiture action against her client, whose liability was unlimited
- Acts regularly for franchisees of Boots Opticians
- Acted for a Franchisee in successfully re-negotiating the terms of purchase following changes to the Primary Care Trust requirements on the accessibility needs of the franchise property
- Acts in the purchase and sale of franchise businesses in a variety of industries
- 2016 to Present - Cubism Law, the City of London
- 2009 to 2016 – Freshlaw Solicitors , Mayfair, London
- 2003 to 2009 – Leasehold Advisory Service, The City of London