Professional Negligence, Dispute Resolution (Commercial Litigation), Fraud
Josh is a senior litigation executive working in the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law.
He has over 10 years’ legal and investigative experience – half of which was spent heading up the investigations/litigation support team for a large UK prodispute resolution team at Cubism.
Josh is a senior litigation executive working in the dispute resolution department at Cubism Law. He has over 10 years’ legal and investigative experience – half of which was spent heading up the investigations/litigation support team for a large UK prodispute resolution team at Cubism. Josh has experience in fraud, family and regulatory matters.
Josh and the team working under Cubism Law’s Senior Lawyer, Anjan Patel, regularly act for a variety of private individual clients including high net worth (caps) individuals and business owners. He also works for companies seeking compensation from solicitors, barristers, accountants and financial institutions for professional negligence, breach of contract, negligent/fraudulent misrepresentation.
Josh has also advised on complex procurement disputes, frauds and on a number of regulatory issues – including those involving the MHRA, ICO and HMRC.
Josh and the team, who are currently the only claimant team ranked under professional negligence in the key legal directory Chambers & Partners and the team’s work in Professional Negligence is also recognised in Legal 500.
Josh is a Magistrate in the criminal courts, specifically assigned to the London bench. He is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Fraud Advisory Panel and Institute of Business Ethics. In his spare time, he works as a trustee for an education charity in London.
- A successful owner-managed property company in its claim against its former solicitors for negligent conduct of High Court litigation.
- A multimillion pound Commercial Court claim for the negligent sale of an oil rig, which successfully settled in October 2015
- A multimillion pound High Court claim for the negligent enforcement of a multimillion pound arbitration award against an African government, which successfully settled in July 2016
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a specialist City of London disputes practice - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound claim and application for security for costs involving an international bank for at least £25 million
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a specialist practice acting for high net worth (caps?)individuals - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound financial services dispute against an international financial services company
- A multimillion pound High Court claim against a practice that specialises in multimillion pound large scale financial services mis-selling claims and counsel specialising in financial services mis-selling claims - for the negligent conduct of a multimillion pound financial services dispute, which settled successfully.
- Damages claim arising from solicitors’ negligent conduct of a dispute concerning a previously well-known night club in the West End, resulting in the case settling successfully in March 2016.
- Acted for the claimant against their former solicitors for negligent advice on the conduct of a patent infringement dispute concerning the sale of bar-coded tickets in a well-known decision with a multi-million pound sum in loss of opportunity damages.
Including a number of claims relating to negligent/fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of contract, breach of confidence, including but not limited to:
- Currently working for a successful owner-managed property company in its claim against a district council for its breach of contract relating to a substantial project within the borough and surrounding areas.
- Currently advising several UK wholesalers on their compliance and regulatory obligations.
- Currently working for several different parents in claims involving Children Act Proceedings, non-molestation orders and child abduction.
- Currently working for a Dubai company on its multimillion pound High Court claim against an Iran-based international oil company and its Hong Kong-based owner in respect of a commission agreement that was defaulted on by the oil company rendering it liable for multimillion pound damages. This claim involves four jurisdictions including the United Arab Emirates, Iran, England and Hong
- Worked for a high-profile politician in his multi-million pound High Court claim against Deutsche Bank claiming substantial damages for misrepresentation, breach of the Consumer Credit Act and breach of a facility agreement inter alia.
- Advised businesses on risk-based due diligence investigations for large FMCG and retailer firms across Europe on their business partners, to assist client firms in managing their risk exposure across their businesses;
- Investigated complex pan-European missing trader and VAT fraud to identify Defendants who would be subject to civil proceedings to recover funds that have been dishonestly obtained for the benefit of the client firm;
- Advised a large London construction firm in relation to a procurement dispute with a large London local authority, successfully resulting in the authority re-tendering for works;
- 2017- Present: Senior Litigation Executive, Cubism Law
- 2013-2017: Litigation Consultant, Neumans LLP
- 2016: Appointed as a Magistrate to the London bench
- 2015: Qualified as a Certified Fraud Examiner, Mishcon de Reya/Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- 2010-2013: Senior Manager, The XFOR Group
- 2007-2010: Investigator, various large companies in the UK
Josh and the team are currently the only claimant team ranked under professional negligence in the key legal directory Chambers & Partners and the team’s work in Professional Negligence is also recognised in Legal 500.