Jonathan is a highly experienced employment lawyer who looks after senior individuals, professional firms and people businesses.
Jonathan achieves results by confronting issues, but without being confrontational. This involves understanding the background and politics, considering this within a framework of contractual and employee rights, delivering the right message correctly and collaboratively, but with a willingness to follow through when the situation demands it.
The majority of Jonathan’s work relates to advising individuals. They include professionals and senior figures in finance, insurance and recruitment (most of whom return for advice at key points in their careers and refer their friends and colleagues for their own advice). Jonathan also has many clients referred by HR professionals and by specialist employment teams in other law firms.
Jonathan also looks after SMEs and professional firms dealing with sensitive and strategic changes.
- Negotiating and drafting complex joining and leaving packages for senior staff and board members
- Drafting and enforcing post termination restrictions
- Resolving disputes between business owners and investors
- Negotiation and mediation in employment, partnership and commercial disputes
- Acting for groups of individuals in complex matters
- Banking and insurance
- Professional firms including lawyers, law firms, accountants and management consultants
- People businesses such as recruitment and advertising companies
- SMEs in various sectors including engineering, distribution and retail
Jonathan is 1 of 12 employment lawyers recommended on Spears 500. Please visit Jonathan’s Spears 500 page to read more.
You can read more about what Jonathan Golden does and how he provides his advice by visiting Golden Leaver – Jonathan Golden
- Successfully negotiating exit arrangements for the senior management team at a failing bank
- Acting for a top 60 law firm in relation to sensitive departures
- Defending a group of barristers in a multi-party action
- Representing a financial trader in connection with investigations into deals which took place in 2008 at the height of the financial crisis.
- Acting for a group of the London based partners of an international consultancy firm regarding changes to their status as part of a worldwide merger.
- Negotiating and mediating the departure from an executive search firm of its highest earning member and his team.
Rated as ‘Outstanding in Field’ in The Spear’s 500 awards for 2015, which lists the top 10 best employment lawyers providing services to ultra high net worth individuals.
Legal Work History
2015 to date
Golden Leaver at Cubism Law (partner level consultant solicitor)
2009 to 2015
Golden Leaver LLP in London (member and managing partner).
1987 – 2009
Solnick LLP in London. (solicitor, partner and managing partner).
1985 – 1987
Manches (now Penningtons Manches LLP) in London (articled clerk and solicitor).
- Music (playing as well as listening)
- Petworth, West Sussex