Arunas is a lawyer working in the Dispute Resolution department at Cubism Law. He has over 3 years’ experience working for both private clients and corporate clients dealing with all aspects of professional negligence and commercial disputes, predominantly in the financial services sector.
In the last 3 years Arunas has specific experience taking cases to the high court with particular expertise in preparing complex multi-million pound claims against solicitors and barristers.
Arunas, and the team of six working under Cubism Law’s Senior Lawyer Anjan Patel, regularly act for a variety of clients ranging from, high net worths, to foreign entities seeking compensation from former legal representatives all the way through to leading UK financial companies.
He has been involved in professional negligence claims from various industries including financial services, shipping, energy and technology.
Arunas and the team are currently the only claimant team ranked under professional negligence in the key legal directory Chambers and Partners. Arunas’ work in Professional Negligence, in particular, has also been recognised and ranked in Legal 500.
Outside of work, Arunas is a professional cage fighter who actively competes at an international level, an experience which he describes as ‘just another type of dispute resolution’.
Track Record / Key Experience:
- Currently representing a real estate investment fund in a claim against its former solicitors and counsel, for causing the litigation funding being withdrawn inter alia resulting in the claim being struck out. The underlying proceedings were brought by the fund against a global investment bank for the breach of contract.
- Currently representing an independent financial adviser in a multi-million pound High Court claim against a specialist practice acting for high net worth individuals, for the negligent conduct of a financial services dispute against a subsidiary of a global insurance company, which is due to go to trial in November 2017.
- Acted for the Claimant against a top-tier global shipping law practice, in a multi-million pound Commercial Court claim for the negligent sale of an oil rig, which successfully settled pursuant to confidential terms in October 2015.
- Acted for the Claimant in a multi-million pound High Court claim against a top-tier global practice for the negligent enforcement of an arbitration award against the Nigerian government, which successfully settled pursuant to confidential terms in July 2016.
- Acted for the Claimant in a multi-million pound High Court claim against a specialist practice and counsel, specialising in large scale financial services misselling claims, for the negligent conduct of a financial services dispute, which successfully settled pursuant to confidential terms in May 2016.
- Acted for the Claimant in claim for negligent conduct of a dispute concerning a previously well-known night club in the West End – Jalouse, which successfully settled pursuant to confidential terms in March 2016.
- 2017- Present: Solicitor, Cubism Law
- 2016-2017: Solicitor, Neumans LLP
- 2014-2016: Trainee Solicitor, Neumans LLP
- 2013-2014: Paralegal, Neumans LLP
- 2012 – 2013: Legal Practice Course, College of Law
- 2010 – 2011: Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Westminster