Andrew Bird is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who has worked in large firms in London for over 12 years.
A large proportion of the Andrew’s practice has an international aspect to it and includes acting for clients from Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, Portugal and Spain. Andrew is a fluent Portuguese speaker and speaks very good Spanish and French.
Recent experience includes advising on:
- corporate transactions: mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investment agreements, shareholder agreements, convertible loan notes, share buy backs, freezer/growth shares and share options
- commercial contracts: management agreements, international franchising agreements, carried interest contracts, agency and distribution agreements
- a wide range of matters for small investment management businesses
- limited liability partnership agreements, particularly for wealth management businesses; and
- loan agreements, facilities, guarantees, and the taking of security.
Andrew has also advised on:
- track access contracts in the development of the contractual framework for railway privatisation in the UK
- distribution agreements and other commercial contracts for a multi-national pharmaceutical company
- contracts underpinning independent power plants (in the United Kingdom, Eastern Europe and Brazil)
- the proposed acquisition of a national telephone operator in Eastern Europe, and
- the acquisition of GSM licences in Eastern Europe