Employment Law Business
Employment law is central to businesses as well as to every employee or worker. People are valuable assets to manage and employment legislation is always evolving and expanding. Navigating the legal and practical employment law and HR minefield can bring grave consequences for those that make mistakes, miscalculations and mis-judgments. But getting it right can bring great rewards, reduced expense and a committed and engaged workforce.
The Employment team at Cubism Law advises businesses on how best to meet your employer obligations when recruiting, retaining and managing your people. We also advise on how to develop an HR strategy, meet HR goals and minimise HR liabilities.
Although our sector focus includes financial services, investment, recruitment, charities and schools, we have experience in most business sectors and in advising global employers. On contentious issues, we get under the skin of situations to reduce the risks we see and equip you with strategies and tools to tackle them efficiently, effectively and confidently.
Our team is made up of straight talking, high-level strategists with strength drawn from years of experience, who use practical tactics to support you with a calm and pragmatic approach.
We take a commercially-minded approach by explaining any financial and personal investment required, along with the possible outcomes, to ensure these are understood.
- Commercial - buying or selling a business including outsourcing and TUPE
- Commercial - reducing or re-engineering the workforce
- Director issues – engagement and NED appointments
- Director issues – boardroom disputes and shareholder issues
- Employment contracts - terms, conditions, handbooks, incentives and policies
- Employment disputes – High Court, Employment Tribunal and mediation
- Employer protection – restrictive covenants
- Employer protection – exits including settlement agreements
- Staff management – discipline and grievances
- Staff management - capability, flexible working, performance and sickness
- Training – online and on-site on a range of employment and HR topics